Tuesday, October 12, 2010

goodbye


on september 10th my grandma passed away. she was mother to 14 children, grandma to 24 grandchildren and great grandma to 25 great grandchildren. as an adult i didn't get to spend much time with her, unfortunately. but i do have memories of her from when i was a kid. she was kind and so giving! when ted and i took the girls to see her last summer she gave ella the beads she was wearing- stuff like that. when my brother was born, my grandma came to help my mom and, in my 5 year old mind, grandma made THE BEST eggs! there are times when i am with my mom i see my grandma in her: the sweet way she fixes her coffee and drinks it happily, the way she stands in the kitchen and gives me a little smile. i love those moments. this picture of my grandma was taken years ago in my parents old house in south florida (my childhood home.) i think this is how i'll always remember her. goodbye grandma. thanks for being so kind, selfless and humble. for having so many kids- especially my mom!, for putting up with so much racket in your house: like kids running, dogs barking, family laughing, siblings bickering, brothers and sisters remeniscing about younger days, for making the best eggs, for having enough love to go around to all of us. i love you! i'll see you again on streets of gold...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment