Thursday, June 17, 2010

too big

yesterday the girls and i went to the grocery store. it was the first time i attempted taking both girls grocery shopping in MANY months. they were both great and ella even helped me here and there, i was really proud of her. we finished our shopping and went out to the car to load up. i put corinne in her seat and had ella climb into hers while i loaded the groceries into the trunk. ella was standing in her seat watching me. she spotted a little rubber duck underneath the stroller (also now underneath a lot of groceries). "mommy, i see a duck. can you get that duck for me?", asked ella. "no, ella, i can't reach it, i'm sorry", i said. i finished putting the bags in the car and went over to buckle ella in. she asked me to get the duck for her again. this time i said, "ella, i can't. just look at me!" (and i pointed to my big, preggo belly). she looked at me and said, "mommy, you too big?". "yes, ella, i am". then she comes out with, "corinne's little".

No comments:

Post a Comment