Wednesday, January 4, 2012

nicknames

sometimes corinne likes to get under ella's skin a bit and call her "ella bella" which leads to "ella belly". of course, complaints from ella and brief reminders to corinne quickly follow. well, tonight we were all headed home from awana and ella was doing word rhymes. this is how the conversation went:
ella: guess what rhymes with mom? pom!
me: or bomb. (this was lost on her)
ted: what rhymes with ella?
ella: bella!
ted: do you know what "bella" means?
ella: i have a friend named bella in my sunday school class. (focus, focus)
me: do you know what "bella" means?
ella: no.
me: it means beautiful! (brief silence)
ella: mimi moo, would you tell me a story of peter pan? (mimi moo- this is what ella calls me when she's trying to get under my skin. i often remind her that i don't appreciate this nickname)
me: i don't know anybody that name.
ella: it's you! (quiet) mommy do you know what "mimi moo" means? it means beautiful! (uproarious laughter)
yep, i'm done in!

No comments:

Post a Comment